Sunday, January 25, 2015

'Myth' from SeanS - 'Snow for the Snowlord!'


Another figure on clearance from FRP Games, this little guy called out to me for the myth round.

I mean what could be better than a child eating Christmas Devil? You can read all about him on wikipedia here. And the website Krampus.com


I kept him simple and decided to go with a light brown fur with dark hooves and antlers. I had briefly thought of trying to do the bugbear flesh color on him, but honestly thought the human flesh color made him creepier. I'm not sure if it shows, but I went with the zombie eye of slate green on top of grey. This casting seems to have a barrel full of coal, instead of children.

For me the toughest part to paint was the tail, it's big and flat and I wasn't exactly sure how to highlight it.

You'll also see my first ever use of snow flock on the base. I chose to make wetter snow by mixing it with PVA and water. Hopefully it will pass muster.

I based him on a 25mm square base so I could use him as a Beastman for Oldhammer. His battle cry will be “SNOW FOR THE SNOWLORD!”


Thanks for looking.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You would know Ray ;). Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. Now THAT'S something to frighten the kiddies with!

    Excellent choice of figure and a great paint job, especially on his ugly mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan. In this instance the small flesh area worked to my advantage.

      Delete
  3. I just noticed that in the poll it says 'Snot for the Snowlord', too funny but also somehow appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, I'm tempted just to leave it...

      Delete
  4. Excellent work, I like the background you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent miniature. The Krampus is awesome and you did a fantastic job on this one. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TK, I'm pleased with how he turned out.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes Michael, I see you've been over to my blog but I'll correct my omission from the post. It is a Reaper figure. I bought it from FRP games.

      Delete