Monday, March 9, 2015

'Antihero' from SanderS - 'Cobraaa!'


Dear Ladies and Gents,

For the last Bonus Round, I was never in doubt what figure to choose. I could have chosen any of my Micro Art Discworld mini's, most notably Rincewind and his luggage, but I knew from the start it had to be this one: "Not-Cobra-Commander".GIJOE's eternal nemesis will therefore be my entry. It's a Hasslefree sculpt, and a great one it is, supplied with two head options: the Cobra Commanderish helmet and a head with beret and eye-patch. Since both my brother and me have been fans of the 3,3/4" action figures (and my brother is actually an avid collector of the latter) it was a no-brainer for me to buy and enter this miniature.


The base is a plain MDF lasered base with some gravel and a garden rock to keep it simple.





As to why I gather him to be an Anti-hero: anyone having seen the '80s Sunbow cartoon will not need to ask and for everyone who hasn't check youtube for the cartoon and you'll see season upon season of anti-heroness. The comics are in my opinion far more balanced and cooler, but sadly I haven't actually read the whole series. Anyway that's my take on this Bonus Round!

Youtubecompilation!

6 comments:

  1. "Cobra retreat. *Retreat*!"

    I did not know this figure existed. Now I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groovy figure Sander and I also really like the basework you've done for him. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groovy figure Sander and I also really like the basework you've done for him. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool figure! Brings back a lot of memories! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another inspired choice! I was never a big fan as a kid, but it definitely brings back all the feels of the times. Great paint work too.

    ReplyDelete